Effective immediately, I will accept your guest post submissions. Currently, I do not plan to publish more than one post per week. These will likely appear on Friday.
Your post must be on one of four topics:
- Awesome, Inspiring Music
- Music Therapy
- Musical Education
- The Science of Music
Your guest post cannot be an advertisement for your product or the equivalent of a sponsored post.
Guest Post Guidelines
- Your post must be original and not previously published either on the Web or in print.
- You agree not to publish it anywhere else, including your own blog or Web site. You may, however, post a brief “tease” or summary on your site that links to the post.
- You may provide up to three byline links: one for your blog or Web site, one for your bio or About page, and one for your Twitter username (optional).
- Your post should be at least 500 words long and no more than 800 words.
- Music Therapy – Improving Health by S MatthewsWhat is Inspirational Music? by Peter Link
- What is Brain Waves Music? by Jim Johannasen
- Autism and Music Therapy by Jacquelyn L Holl
- These all contain some very helpful tips to maximize your post.
- I will likely copyedit your guest post for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If I make substantive changes (unlikely), I will email the post back to you for your approval before posting.
- I may provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post to provide context or the rationale as to why I think the post is important. I will make sure that my comments are set off from yours stylistically, so that my readers are clear that these are mine and not yours.
I understand the work that it takes to write a blog post. However, the fact that you have written a post and submitted it to me does not obligate me to publish it. The only guest posts I will publish are those that in my sole judgment add value to my readers.
Furthermore, if I do not approve your guest post, I will not explain why I did not approve it or provide any detail. Frankly, that would take more time than I can afford.
If your post meets the above guidelines:
- Please email it to me for consideration. Due to the volume of submissions, it usually takes me 2–3 weeks to respond.
- Please include a one to two-sentence byline that includes what you do, along with your blog address and your Twitter and/or Facebook address.
- Please include the size of your readership: number of blog readers, Facebook friends or fans, and Twitter followers.
- Please confirm that you are willing to engage with my readers in the comments about your post. This is hugely important and a non-negotiable. My readers have come to expect this.
- I request you send a tweet to your followers linking them the blog, and posting on Facebook and your other social media channels similarily.
- Please include the post in the body of the e-mail. DO NOT include it as an attachment. Also, please do not include HTML coding.
If I reject your post, you are obviously free to do whatever you want with it, including publishing it elsewhere. Also, please put your post in the body of the email rather than as an attachment.